Enjoy the ease, speed, and safety of induction cooking with Summit's selection of energy efficient induction cooktops. The SINC2B231W is a 2-zone induction cooktop designed for use with 208-240V power sources. It comes in a popular size ideal for smaller kitchen spaces, including hotel suites and studio apartments. It is designed for installation in common cutouts sized at 10 5/8" W x 19 5/8" D. This unit requires professional installation (cord not included). Smooth white glass made by EuroKera creates an attractive, easy-to-clean surface. The 2000W rear element is sized at 8 1/4", ideal for boiling large pots of water or cooking with woks and other large cookware. The 1500W front element is sized at 6 1/4" to accommodate small to medium cookware. Centered upfront for convenient use, the touch controls allow intuitive operation, with a slider control panel that makes it easy to adjust your heat. The digital display shows which elements are in use and their power setting. Audible beeps sound when the touch controls are activated. This cooktop is equipped with a child lock that allows you to disable the controls to prevent unintended heating. A "stop & go" function allows you to immediately turn both zones off if needed, with the last settings resuming when reactivated. This unit also includes a timer function that lets you program a power level and cook time (up to 99 minutes) that can either turn the unit off when complete, or serve as a visual countdown with an audible alert when the set time has been reached. Safety features include automatic shutdown, overheat protection, and overflow protection, which will temporarily disable the power if boiling liquid touches the control panel. With its ideal size and advanced safety features, the SINC2B231W is the perfect cooktop to ensure intuitive, safe cooking in a variety of small kitchen settings. For this unit in a black finish, see the SINC2B230B. Additional choices are available in smaller and larger sizes, as well as radiant and coil styles. Browse the full Summit line for more options. NOTE: Induction cooling utilizes magnetized energy that starts inside the cookware, meaning the temperature of the actual cooktop surface does not get nearly as hot as traditional gas or electric elements. Most of the heat is retained inside your cookware, making induction technology the most efficient heating method for your kitchen. Because induction cooking requires magnetic energy, your cookware must be made of cast iron, steel, or magnetic stainless steel. Materials that will not work include aluminum, copper, and non-magnetic stainless steel. Many of your current pots and pans may already be induction-friendly. In order to determine if your cookware will work on an induction surface, simply place a magnet (such as one hanging on your refrigerator) on the bottom of the pan. If the magnet sticks, the pan will cook. Summit also offers an induction cookware set for purchase.
- Electromagnetic heating technology where heat is generated inside your cookware, ensuring a more efficient process with less energy waste, faster heating, and a safer cooking experience
- Powerful elements with fast heating to meet most stovetop cooking needs
- Easy cleanup and elegant style on a smooth ceramic glass surface in a clean white finish
- 8 1/4" element operates at 2000W for fast, powerful heating
- 6 1/4" front element operates at 1500W to cover most general cooking needs
- Allows you to program either burner to heat at a specified level for up to 99 minutes and either turn off when finished or display a countdown with an audible alert when the time is up
- If the cooktop on/off switch is touched but no power level is selected within one minute, the cooktop automatically turns off
- Safety feature lets you lock the cooktop to prevent unsupervised heating
- Power will automatically shut off if boiling liquid or a wet cloth touches the control panel
- If a cooking zone is in use for over two hours with no changes to the control setting, the burner will automatically turn off to prevent unsupervised heating
- Indicator shows when the surface is still hot to touch
- Approximately 85% of the heat created goes directly towards heating cookware contents
- Heat is primarily confined to the heated cookware, keeping most of the cooktop surface cooler to touch for a safer experience and less chance of collecting baked-on stains
- Ships with a set of clips and screws for easy installation into your counter cutout
- Upfront controls meet ADA guidelines for easier accessibilty
- Designed for installation in cutouts sized at 10 5/8" W x 19 5/8" D
- Requires professional hardwired installation (cord not included)
|Height of Cabinet
|1.88" (5 cm)
|11.38" (29 cm)
|20.5" (52 cm)
|US Electrical Safety
|Canadian Electrical Safety
|240 V AC/60 Hz
|14.0 lbs. (6 kg)
|22.0 lbs. (10 kg)
|Parts & Labor Warranty
|Number of Elements
|Countertop Cutout Width
|10.63" (27 cm)
|Countertop Cutout Depth
|19.63" (50 cm)
|Element #1 Size
|Element #1 Wattage
|Element #2 Size
|Element #2 Wattage
|Power Cord Included
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.